Relatives -

Today I am grateful for and appreciate the significance of the relatives or lineages. Relatives have a variety of meanings and layers. Relatives are a real blessing for the person or the family. I am blessed to have relatives back home from my mother, father and from my inlaws side. I recognize and acknowledge their presence for a variety of reasons, for instance:

  • Relatives have a variety of faces and identities such as grandparents, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, inlaws, cousins and immediate families. Relatives are the next connection after primary connection with the parents, however, relatives have a specialty and connections with all of us especially in south Asian culture, relatives have a strong influence and impression on the family
  • I am blessed with a variety of relatives and do connect with them with Whatsapp, Viber or messenger. People do have a variety of approaches to connect with relatives. I had a regular visit to my all relatives including my inlaws and my uncles and aunts but living in Canada is tough to meet them regularly. Whenever visit Pakistan, I do meet and greet them. 
  • SouthAsians have a specific name to every relationship such as nana - nani, dada - dadi, khala - khalo, mamo - mumani, chacha - chachi,  taya -  taai, phupho - phupha and so on, however, here is called uncle and aunt
  • Relatives are a great source of support and benefit back home. Here are our family friends who serve as relatives. Sometimes, I am nostalgic and miss my relatives 
  • Take care of your relatives, connect with them and take that relationship to the next level. I am very regular to call my relatives and cousins. Life is too short, enjoy as much as you can, is the thought of the day 




If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask or comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment